The experiments of Magis 2020 will be between 1-7 August, 2020. The detailed list of the descriptions of the experiments you will see from 15th January 2020.
What is an experiment?
Inspired by some life events/ experience of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (pilgrimage, service in hospitals, prayer etc.), the Jesuit formation offers intense periods of time for a deep experience of God, inner transformation, self knowledge, serving others.
MAGIS offers a number of various experiments to choose from, grouped into several categories. These activities are designed to make you aware of the importance of teamwork, to give you a sense of international community and to expose you to unusual situations which contribute to your human and spiritual growth. In the experiments we create new relationships as a group (10-25 members) of very different individuals, engaging in unusual circumstances. We invite God to form these relationships, in particular during the morning prayer and the Eucharist.
The participants have to arrive at the place of the experiments, they will receive exact information about the details. At the end of the experiments Magis organises the travel to the place of the closing festival (Miskolc, Hungary).
- Spiritual exercises - retreat in silence (Püspökszentlászló, Hungary)
- One week as a Jesuit (Budapest, Hungary)
- "The Eucharist creates Church" (Miskolc, Hungary)
- Living stones (Vienna, Austria)
- Living stones (Budapest, Hungary)
- Finding God through art and nature (Cluj, Romania)
- MAGIS Taizé (Ruzomberok, Slovakia)
- Dance to God, Dance with God! (Budapest, Hungary)
Service (Social or Environmental):
- Playing together (Tiszagyenda, Hungary)
- Green heads, hearts and hands (Tahi, Hungary)
- Marta experiment (Miskolc, Hungary)
- Bike pilgrimage around Lake Balaton (Balaton, Hungary)
- Via Transilvanica - Walk, Pray and Live (Romania)
- Walking pilgrimage through the wonderful landscapes of Transylvania (Romania)
- Wooden Churches (Slovakia)